Made Man says “Gentlemen Welcome” with a bold new “Future of Man” series featuring celebrity guest columnists Bill Hader, Pete Holmes and Prentice Penny, and the return of audience favorite Speakeasy with Paul F. Tompkins
(New York, NY) – March 19, 2014 – Made Man (www.MadeMan.com), a leading men’s lifestyle destination owned by DEFY Media (formed by the merger of Alloy Digital and Break Media), today revealed its fully re-imagined brand and web destination. A masculine renaissance is underway and to this new breed of man, Made Man says “Gentlemen Welcome”. With a completely overhauled design and brand identity, the site re-launches with optimized viewing and sharing features for its audience and advertisers. Made Man’s bolstered programming slate, which includes the compelling new series “Future of Man,” recognizes the interests of a new, emerging and influential audience of men who aspire to be the best version of themselves with an expectation for smart, accessible content and culture.
MadeMan.com’s fresh look brings added perspective to the men’s lifestyle space, where it has already successfully carved a niche among male tastemakers age 25-39 for passion-filled and thought-provoking content. Every month, Made Man speaks to an audience of more than three million across its web, mobile and YouTube platforms.
Made Man aims to feature the stories of inspiring personalities who truly embrace what it means to be a renaissance man, recently speaking with Matthew McConaughey on his transformative year, Jason Bateman for a few Bad Words and Neil deGrasse Tyson, the astrophysicist “star gazer” who has earned rock star status. Entirely made over with today’s consumer in mind, the new Made Man is built for content delivery across multiple screens from desktop to mobile and everything in between.
- “FUTURE OF MAN” – An intriguing new series that invites a host of experts, authors and celebrities to pen their views on what the future of man looks like across a variety of issues:
- SNL’s Bill Hader kicks off the launch with his future view on “The Most Underrated Guys in Comedy”. Pete Holmes (The Pete Holmes Show) and Prentice Penny (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) are also among the first notable contributors to the “Future of Man” series exclusively for Made Man.
- The series tackles a range of hot topics including: The Future of: Sex – examining how far technology will go to enhance—or replace—the experience; The Future of Crime – how men can (and can’t) avert it; The Future of Marijuana –a long form reported series on the year’s hottest social issue, by former Details and Star editor Joe Dolce.
- SPEAKEASY with PAUL F. TOMPKINS – Answering the long standing question of what a drink would be like with your favorite celebrity, host and comedian Paul F. Tompkins returns for a new season of good conversation over classic drinks. Set in a variety of LA’s most loved bars and restaurants Speakeasy has hosted a wide range of Hollywood notables:
- Now in its third season, the program attracts a strong following with top guests such as Key & Peele, Zach Galifianakis, Lizzy Caplan, Aziz Ansari, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Aaron Eckhart, Alison Brie, and many others. This season, Paul sits down with the creator of Sons of Anarchy, Kurt Sutter, Busy Phillips (Cougar Town), Jim Rash (Community) and more – and this week, Haley Joel Osment goes back in time with revealing on-set tales and his thoughts on the blurring media lines.
The new Made Man also offers its advertising partners added and optimized media options and deeper branded integrations ranging from the new “Brand Ribbon” media unit, which runs the entire width of the browser window, to high-impact media takeovers, custom editorial integrations and new mobile offerings.
At the helm of Made Man is editor-in-chief Michael Martin, who joined the team in September from his post at Time Out New York where he served as the editor-in-chief for both the digital and print versions.
“As our new tagline indicates, at Made Man, gentlemen are welcome,” says Michael Martin, editor-in-chief. “Made Man speaks to a new breed of man: Evolved, informed, and culturally engaged. We’re a destination for the modern man who has shed past stereotypes and is embracing a more self-aware and conscientious male persona. Every day, our focus is to deliver inspiring content and attainable information for men to become the best version of themselves.”
Made Man is dedicated to giving today’s man essential information to live better, smarter, happier lives. Readers will find expert advice on topics including wellness, fitness, grooming, dating, food and spirits, gear and cars, as well as thought-provoking articles on current events, pop culture and sports. Additionally, Made Man leverages DEFY Media’s annual “Acumen” research report and panel of thousands of men to identify what matters in the lives and minds of today’s man. Made Man strives for the most compelling editorial available and has published acclaimed novelists and writers from The New York Times, The Guardian, NPR, and more.
About Defy Media
DEFY Media is the definitive media company for the digital generation, formed by the 2013 merger of Alloy Digital and Break Media. The merger united two companies with strong legacies and expertise in creating influential and culturally significant entertainment properties for 12-34 year old consumers. DEFY Media creates some of the most popular content on the internet under its leading portfolio of brands, including Break, Clevver, Made Man, SMOSH, Screen Junkies, The Gloss, and The Escapist, together reaching over 125 million consumers monthly through owned web, YouTube, mobile, social, and emerging OTT platforms. The world’s top brands partner with DEFY to build immersive advertising solutions that deliver unparalleled access to this influential audience. With uniquely integrated capabilities in content development, studio production, distribution and promotion, DEFY Media is built for content delivery in the digital age. The company is further leveraging the power of its creators and brands with extensions into merchandising and both television and feature film, where it is a producer of The Hustle (Fuse), The Devil Inside (Paramount) and The Pete Holmes Show (TBS), among others. Please visit us at www.DEFYMedia.com.
310-360-4141 Ext. 363