Acumen Insights

Portable Pre-Shopping

By March 30, 2015 No Comments

Thanks to mobile devices, consumers now research retail products before they actually step into a store according to a study by Ninth Decimal. The research found 81 percent of U.S. mobile users had turned to their devices to research retail items at home or work before heading to a brick-and-mortar, while 19 percent had engaged with mobile during a shopping trip. Almost three-quarters (73 percent) said they were more likely to engage with mobile ads before they shopped, while the remaining 27 percent were more apt to respond during a shopping trip or in the store.

Retailers who served ads offering discounts and sales may stand the best chance at grabbing consumers’ attention; 60 percent said they were likely to respond to retail-related mobile ads that contained information about discounts and sales. Product reviews (36 percent) and product information (35 percent) rounded out the top three.

Leave a Reply